Sunday, November 12, 2006

Witch!

“How many times do I have to tell you?! I AM NOT A WITCH!” Sheena yelled at the angry crowd.
“But we saw you do magic! You cursed a poor helpless knight!” one of the peasants shouted back at her.
“No I didn’t! I summoned spirits to attack an idiot! I’m a summoner, not a witch! There’s a big difference!” Sheena yelled.
King Arthur glared at her. “You can explain at your trial. Then I, Arthur, King of the Britons, will decide if you are guilty of witchcraft.”
“You decide? What happened to the trial by jury? Or the voting system?” someone demanded.
“What trial by jury? When have we ever had a voting system?” Arthur asked in confusion.
“See? No voting or trial by jury! I told you we live in an oppressive dictatorship!” a rebellious peasant yelled.
“This is not a dictatorship! It’s a monarchy! And as king, I get to decide the guilt of convicted witches!” Arthur said, very irritated.
“When is this trial?” Sheena asked. She didn’t think she could stand to spend much more time with these crazy people.
“We will have the trial when we arrive at the village. It’s just up ahead,” someone answered.
A little while later, Mithos and friends arrived in the village. They joined the crowd at its center and watched as King Arthur and one of his knights forced Sheena to get onto a scale with a duck.
“I knew it! She weighs less than a duck! She’s a witch!” a peasant yelled.
“Burn her! Burn her!” the crowd screamed.
“I do not weigh less than a duck! There’s a bunch of bricks with the duck! I’m not a witch!” Sheena yelled.
“Burn her!” King Arthur shouted. The crowd cheered and ran to get wood and torches.
“STOP! You can’t burn my hunny!” Zelos yelled.
Arthur stared at him. “You travel with the knight who slew the killer rabbit, but I have not met you before. Who are you?”
“I’m Zelos Wilder, the Chosen of Tethe’alla and the prettiest guy in all of Symphonia!” Zelos introduced himself.
“Umm… Zelos, I don’t think he knows about Tethe’alla or Symphonia,” Mithos pointed out.
Zelos pretended not to hear. “So are you going to let Sheena go or not?”
“No! She is a witch!” Arthur said angrily. “And if you keep disagreeing with your king, I shall have to kill you!”
Zelos unsheathed his sword. “Go ahead and try! I won’t let you burn her, even if she is a witch!”
King Arthur unsheathed his sword too. “So be it. You will die, Sir Zelos.”
“Should we help him?” Rin asked Mithos.
He shook his head. “No, let’s just watch first. This should be an interesting fight...”

1 Comments:

Blogger Bookworm said...

I'm sorry Shade! I know I said I'd post more today, but I'm about to get kicked off my computer and I haven't even started the next segment, so that clearly isn't going to happen. I won't have time tomorrow either, but maybe I'll write some on Saturday. Please don't kill me! :(

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home