Saturday, November 18, 2006

Classmates

“What’s our first class?” Bookworm asked Keyblade during breakfast.
Keyblade looked at the schedule for Gryffindor first-years. “We’ve got Herbology with the Slytherins.”
“WHAT!?! But Harry’s supposed to have Herbology with the Hufflepuffs, not the Slytherins!” Bookworm protested.
“But we all just got added to the classes. They probably had to change a lot,” Keyblade said.
“Keyblade! Bookworm! What does ‘Quidditch’ mean?” Lloyd came to the Gryffindor table to ask.
“Quidditch is a sport played on flying broomsticks,” Bookworm explained.
“Oh… Someone was just yelling at me and Colette for injuring some people from the Quidditch team. I think it might have had something to do with the explosion last night… And then I saw a sign saying people got injured in the other explosions too, so there’s going to be Quidditch tryouts for all four houses this weekend,” Lloyd said.
“Really? We should all try out! That would be so awesome!” Bookworm said excitedly.
“One more question. Where’s Potions class? Colette and I have that first, but we can’t figure out where to go,” Lloyd said.
“It’s in the dungeons. Good luck!” Keyblade said, remembering how unpleasant Professor Snape was to all his non-Slytherin students. Lloyd and Colette headed for the dungeons. Bookworm, Keyblade, and Tas walked to the Herbology greenhouses. Overall, this class went well. The Gryffindors and Slytherins were avoiding each other mostly. The only one who had a really bad time was Professor Sprout, who spent most of the class trying to keep Tas away from all the dangerous plants. When Herbology ended, everyone walked across the Hogwarts grounds to return to the castle for their next classes.
“Did you hear? Three mudbloods just got sent to Gryffindor! That house gets more pathetic everyday!” a sneering Slytherin boy told his cronies in a loud voice.
“Shut up, Malfoy!” someone said angrily.
Hearing this voice, Bookworm abruptly stopped walking and turned around. The three Gryffindors behind her did not stop in time. They crashed into her, causing all of them to fall down.
“Wow! I didn’t realize the mudbloods were that stupid!” said Pansy Parkinson, one of the Slytherins with Draco.
“I told you already: stop insulting muggle-borns like that,” Shade said as she approached.
“Why should I?” Pansy sneered. She had either forgotten the previous night’s explosion or she was just trying to look cool. Shade recited a powerful spell that left Pansy resembling a large pile of scorched goo.
Draco stared at her. Normally, he would never hang out with a muggle-born, but Shade was clearly more powerful than any of the other first-years. Powerful friends were always useful…
“Wha’s goin’ on?” Hagrid had heard the noise and hurried from his hut to investigate.
“Hi Hagrid!” said one of the people Bookworm had knocked over. He and his friends stood up. Bookworm quickly followed, still staring at them.
“Hullo Harry! Wanna tell me what happened ’ere?” Hagrid said.
“Malfoy was being a jerk to some muggle-borns, so I told him to shut up. Parkinson said muggle-borns are stupid. And then that girl cursed her.” Harry said, pointing at Shade.
Hagrid stared at the goo-like Pansy. “Crabbe! Goyle! Take ’er to the hospital wing!” Crabbe and Goyle dragged Pansy away in the direction of the school.
Shade decided to distract Hagrid before he could punish her for injuring her classmate. “Hagrid! Have you met Tas? Professor Dumbledore decided we need more diverse students, so he let Tas enroll here. He’s a kender, a very dangerous creature.”
“He is?” Hagrid stared at Tas in amazement.
“Yes, just ask Professor Sprout. She can tell you how dangerous he is,” Shade said, remembering Tas’s behavior during Herbology.
Tas decided to introduce himself. “Hello! My name’s Tasslehoff Burrfoot. I’ve never seen anyone as big as you, Hagrid. Except maybe Caramon… Caramon’s my best friend. Did I ever tell you about him?” he said.
“Hmm… I’m not sure it’s such a good idea to let a dangerous creature stay in the school. I’ve gotta go see Professor Dumbledore. I’ll talk to ye later, Tas!” Hagrid ran away to visit Dumbledore. Hopefully, the Headmaster would let him take care of this “dangerous creature”.
“Hey Shade! I thought you said we shouldn’t cause anymore explosions,” Keyblade said.
“I didn’t explode anything. I just turned Pansy into goo,” Shade grinned. “And how’s that Aging Potion coming, Bookworm?”
“You’re making an Aging Potion?!” Hermione, one of Harry’s friends, gasped. “But we don’t learn that until third year!”
Bookworm had finally recovered from the shock of meeting her favorite book characters. “Yeah, I know. Do you think maybe you could help me?”
“Of course! I’ve been dying to brew an Aging Potion since I read that third year textbook!” Hermione said excitedly. Her friend, Ron, rolled his eyes.
“Great! We’ve still got some time before next class! Let’s go to the library!” Bookworm and Hermione ran to the school, eager to begin reading.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shade said...

intriguing first meeting. *punches air in victory* I thank you for allowing me to turn pansy into goo (that seems to be my specialty for now-beware popcorn stealers!) she deserves it. but there must be more! this is gaining steam and must continue forwith! *pokes* bother.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Bookworm said...

Okay, okay. I'll write more as soon as I can. The next part will be about Zelos and King Arthur's fight. *laughs just thinking about it* Then back to Hogwarts for the best Quidditch game ever!!! Yay! By the way, what Quidditch positions should everyone play?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Shade said...

Lloyd as beater(uses thick skull to advantage), collette cheers from sidelines, ed as chaser, al cheering, tas with hagrid(in stands), shade as seeker, bookworm as chaser, keyblade as chaser(falls off frequently), and the rest of the players in their accostommed positions. maybe we should have draco as a player too?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Bookworm said...

Okay... but what position should Draco play? He's supposed to be seeker, but you want that position... And I'm not sure how I'll pass the tryouts for chasers... Maybe Tas will accidentally knock all the other possible chasers unconscious. (He wasn't there when we agreed not to explode stuff anymore.) I don't think I could throw the Quaffle correctly if my life depended on it. ("Oops! Sorry I hit you, innocent bystander! I was trying to throw it to Keyblade!" "What!?! But she's on the other side of the Quidditch pitch!") lol That'll be fun to write about.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Shade said...

genis! I forgot the midget with silver hair! *is hit by kendama* ooops. oh well, he can collaborate with tas(revenge, neither was picked for a team). draco can be seeker, I'll be keeper! if you want you could be scorekeeper with lee(or is that someone else's post?). but what shall happen when the symphonians and mithos appear? and don't we get a longer stay in hogwarts? *wants to have more fun with magic* but tas either needs to be adopted by hagrid or confined to the kitchens with the house elves(no cultlery ever again shall grace the four-five if you count the teacher's-tables). then again that wouldn't bother me, I'd be summoning my food from hogsmead or some such. (go raistlin! such a brilliant individual's spells cannot be put to waste- lets have a class and we all try to act like we know what to do without wands(I'd be fine and key-chan can transmute, but what about you? will you get incantations in alegaesia?)). more soonest please! superb job thus far!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Bookworm said...

Genis will be Ravenclaw's new seeker. He's small and fast, so he's perfect for that. And I wanna be chaser! Lee's new scorekeeping assistant is... Colette! ("Those dirty cheaters are winning!" "Lee!I'm sure they're not really bad people! We could all be great friends if we get to know each other better!") I'm actually going to be pretty good at Hogwarts-style magic. (I really need to be able to do something more than throw books at enemies.) I'm going to be hanging out with Hermione a lot, so she can teach me some spells. (And I actually memorized a lot of spells anyway because I'm such a Harry Potter geek.) As for Mithos and the Symphonians, I'll leave that part as a surprise. :P Now go write more of your fanfic, Shade!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Shade said...

ahh you wound me! *staggers* I'm actually working on that now. If I don't have the next portion up tonight you may do as you see fit with the fanfic... *hangs head* *runs off to type fanfic as bookworm raises frying pan*

3:21 PM  
Blogger Bookworm said...

Thank you! :) *lowers frying pan*... Any reason why I'm threatening you with a frying pan, instead of my usual hardcover book?

4:51 PM  
Blogger Shade said...

T'was a thought *remembered some far-past coversation* and seeing as I'm putting up all these installments, do I get an update?

5:29 PM  
Blogger Bookworm said...

Sorry, not today. I just finished a chemistry project that I've been working on for the past 7 hours. I'm way too tired to write anything now. :(

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home